Higher French Course Notes with Audio CD
Author(s): Brian Templeton, Lisa Albarracin, Betty Templeton
Perfect for classroom activity or private study, this title addresses themes and topics that most frequently appear in the exam for a targeted course approach. Clear notes, pertinent vocabulary lists and Top Tips make topic coverage accessible, whilst frequent illustrations support understanding as students encounter new language features. Extensive exercises are also included to sharpen assessed skills, whilst the audio CD enables flexible listening practice at home or in class. Students will also benefit from key guidance from the Principal Assessor for French to improve their performance and feel fully prepared for the exam. 'In the classroom or at home, this publication will help to provide students with a thorough grounding in examination technique and develop their confidence as the exams approach.' TES Scotland, March 2005
Section 1: Introduction
· Purpose and content
· Some thoughts on learning a foreign language
· Content of the higher teaching and assessment syllabus
· Introduction to the practice activities
Section 2: Practice activities
· Theme 1: Lifestyles and the wider world
o Family, friends and relationships
o Family conflicts
o Ideal parents
o Holidays with or without parents
o Ideal holidays/tourism
o Home area
o Leisure and healthy living
o Television and films
· Theme 2: Education and work
o Schools and teachers
o School uniform
o Subject choice
o Future aspirations
· Directed writing
Section 3: Preparation for the external exam
· Speaking: oral presentation and discussion
· Paper 1: reading and directed writing
· Paper 2: listening and writing
Section 4: Test yourself – final revision
Section 5: Glossary
* Evaluation copies are available to teachers only
You may also be interested in:
The following customer reviews have been written about this product. Why not write your own review?
- Advice to Higher French Candidates
These are very thorough and excellent revision notes but do get them really early on (June) as the Higher French course is very tough but all the more managable and rewarding with these well thought out and engaging notes and the listening CD is especially good for practice! Overall well worth the time and a very reasonable price for all the success and fun of learning French- foreign languages rule!
James Helingoe 21/11/2008
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for ‘Higher French Course Notes with Audio CD’? Before you start please take some time to read our submission hints.
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
And here are some other things you agree to when you submit a review:
- For security reasons you cannot use the following characters: < > / % = @
- We cannot publish all reviews, we’ll choose the most interesting.
- We reserve the right to edit reviews for length or sense.
- Reviews may be published on this page, or elsewhere on this web site.
- We'll use your name beneath the review.
- Sorry, but we can't get into conversations about reviews.